Tuesday 25 November 2014

New Home











A not so fashion related post but here we go...

Over the last few weeks i've been moving into my very own (rented but still I like to think it's mine) new flat!! Exciting times! It's in Manchester where I'm studying and it's a quirky little basement flat with one HUGE bedroom, a nice bathroom and kitchen and a really big lounge/dining room. I'm still working on it and it was already part furnished and being a student means I don't have an overload of cash to buy pretty vintage furniture, but I think i've made it my own with what I do have! 

I like to think I'm the greatest bargain hunter ever. I can usually find home furnishings that look good for a cheap price. A lot of the things in the pictures are IKEA and I'm not even ashamed to admit that because if you pick and choose from there and put it with other (nicer) things I think you can get away with the flat packed delights! 

I'm going mainly for a black/white/grey theme to keep it simple and chic, obviously with hints of colour in things like fairy lights, bunting, candles etc. So far I've even sorted it all out myself. Hung all my own pictures and mirrors, set up the internet and TV and other the other bits and bobs which I'm very proud of! Not so much of a daddy's girl any more.. more of an independent young woman haha. 

Anyway I'll probably post more about my flat as I gradually get it looking perfect! 



No comments:

Post a Comment