Tuesday 21 October 2014

best beauty buys

YSL Touche Eclat // £25 // Boots

Clinique Even Better Foundation // £24.50 // Boots

Collection 2000 Extreme Eyeliner // £2.99 // Boots


Heading away from fashion a bit recently and going towards a beauty / lifestyle blog as well as the fashion stuff. Makes it a bit more varied and gives me more to post about! So here is just a few of my best beauty buys...

 I recently invested in the YSL Touche Eclat highlighter pen and it was one of the best beauty investments I have made in a while. Although it is VERY expensive for a small tube of what would seem like a skin coloured liquid it is worth every penny. (I have quoted boots but shop around as I found mine much cheaper!) I use it as both a concealer and a highlighter for under my eyes as it works both ways!

I have been using Clinique Even Better foundation for a while now. I must admit (slightly shamefully) that I haven't really shopped around or tried any other brands for foundation. I used to just use cheap ones like Maybelline but I have always had skin problems with acne and lots of imperfections so I think investing in a decent foundation is pretty key for a great complexion. I've been happy with Clinique so haven't felt the need to try any others although one day I might go and get some advice from different beauty counters and see if there's any I might prefer. £24.50 is a mid-range price which also draws me to stay with Clinique as I know that a lot of the other recommended good brands such as Chanel or YSL the prices shoots up a fair amount which stings a bit!

Finally, the Collection 2000 Extreme Black Felt Tip Liner. This is something I am over the moon about finding! I have ALWAYS struggled with finding an eyeliner that suits me. I tried lots of pencil eyeliners but they always seem to smudge during the day and don't stay true black. I moved on to liquid liner which I find hard to put on and also found most of them cracked and flaked off throughout the day which looks worse than pencil! After a while I only used eyeliner when I was going out somewhere nice or into town and just left my daytime look more natural with just mascara... however... when i found this felt tip liner it was like eyeliner heaven! It is solo easy to apply and it stays on all day with no fading or smudging! It is really easy to get a natural line or the day time and can be thickened up for a heavier evening look. It rubs off easy with a makeup wipe so no sore eyes at the end of the night as well. My ONLY draw back on it is that it runs out moderately quickly and I have to replace it probably every few weeks. I don't really mind though because it's pretty cheap as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment