Thursday 31 July 2014

Back to Basics

Shoulder Bag £9.99 Forever 21 // Sunglasses £? Next // White Linen Shirt £8 F&F at Tesco // Denim High Waist Shorts £28 Topshop // Birkenstock Sandals £65 Net-A-Porter
Back to Basics with this latest blog post. Once again it's very monochrome - a theme that keeps creeping up on me without me even realising it. The last week in England has actually been hot and sunny for once which always takes me by surprise and I never have any nice summer clothes ready for the outburst we occasionally get. However, my newest acquisition is a pair of Birkenstocks which have come in very handy in this weather. Although everyone now seems to have a pair they are super comfy and slot in nicely with pretty much every outfit possible so even though I'm being a sheep they're definitely worth it! Net-A-Porter did lie when selling me them because it said they are true to fit sizes but I personally disagree as they came up really big so I now have them on the tightest setting. The shirt was a great find in Tesco, reduced from £12 to £8 and it is a really nice thick linen material. Paired up with some classic high waist denim shorts from Topshop (which I got last year but they will never get old), a woven shoulder bag with gold edging and some wayfarer style cheap sunnies I think it makes a really relaxed but smart look ready for summer! It's the kind of outfit you can just throw together because it's really basic but looks effortless. Fingers crossed the sunshine lasts because I can't afford another holiday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment